Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Day 326 - What Does It Mean To Live For Jesus?


Thoughts on Michael Wells’ teachings in My Weakness for His Strength (Vol. 1) - # 320
         
Michael’s book is available through:

ABIDING LIFE MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL
Littleton, Colorado
(303) 972-0859       www.abidinglife.com

Notice:  this email is part of a BLOG, called Living Life With a Capital “C”.  Why a blog?  So that many can receive these thoughts in an easy manner.  If you are not getting these weekly postings via an email, go to the website: www.leemccm.blogspot.com …in the top right corner there is a place to register to receive each post.


Looking around at Christians for almost 40 years as a Born Again Believer, I have become astonished that so many are living with what “they think” as opposed to what “God thinks.”  When within a couple of weeks of our having been Born Again we heard our pastor say, “If God said it, we need to believe it,” that set a course these past years of wanting to find out all God has said, and beginning to believe Him instead of the world.

Michael addresses a very important aspect of this way of Living in this day’s writing.  Answer his question near the end for yourself.  And decide if you will Live each day in the future as he decided.



DAY 326

What Does It Mean To Live For Jesus?

And they shall not teach everyone his fellow citizen, and everyone his brother, saying, “Know the Lord,” for all will know Me, from the least to the greatest of them. For I will be merciful to their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more. --Hebrews 8:11 & 12

What does it mean to live for Jesus? That is a good question. I do not presume to know all the answers, but in my own experience I find that to live for Him is simply to enjoy Him. It is not about what I do or do not do. He loves and enjoys me and allows me to enjoy Him. When God revealed to me that He was not interested in changing me, but all He wanted to do was love me, the response this generated from me was amazing. I have come to see that His love for me has absolutely NO agenda. I John 4:8 indicates that God is Love; because I know that God is Love, then I can look to I Corinthians 13 to find what that Love is. God equals love, so God is patient, God is kind, God is not envious, God is not self-seeking. As I read through that list of what God is, I have to ask myself, “Is this the God that I know?” My answer too often is, "No!" At that point I have a choice. I can stick with my false idea of who God is, or I can take God at His word and believe what He says about Himself. For me to enjoy Him, I first must know Him. The more I know Him, the more I love Him, and the more I love Him, the more I want to know Him.

Yellow – VIP, Very Important Point      Green – IT, Incredible Truth        
Red – GP, Greatest Promises
Turquoise – UR, Unfathomable Riches           Pink – PV, Priceless Victory



When I read on from the text of Hebrews 8:11-12 down to Chapter 11, my heart is filled with the glory of God that He has allowed me to Live in these days, the days of His Love and His Faith…His Life.

It is amazing how easy it is to “live for Him” by enjoying Him and ALL that He is IN and THROUGH me.  Well, amen.

p.s. I like to use a capital letter to begin words that represent Christ, like His Life.  Or, Live/Living (when it is His Life).  Or, His Love and His Faith.



To access ALL past weekly blogs, go to Living Life With a Capital “C” by logging onto www .leemccm.blogspot.com 

NOTICE: another blog on Michael Wells’ book, Sidetracked In The Wilderness, called Getting Out of the Wilderness.  You can access by logging onto www.leemcchristianministries.blogspot.com


Lee McDowell Christian Ministries
(blog) www.leemccmviews.blogspot.com  
P.O. Box 633244   Nacogdoches, TX 75963              936-559-5696

No comments:

Post a Comment