Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Day 319 - Weakness, My Friend


Thoughts on Michael Wells’ teachings in My Weakness for His Strength (Vol. 1) - # 319
         
Michael’s book is available through:

ABIDING LIFE MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL
Littleton, Colorado
(303) 972-0859       www.abidinglife.com

Notice:  this email is part of a BLOG, called Living Life With a Capital “C”.  Why a blog?  So that many can receive these thoughts in an easy manner.  If you are not getting these weekly postings via an email, go to the website: www.leemccm.blogspot.com …in the top right corner there is a place to register to receive each post.


“Weakness.”  This is a topic few want to discuss.  In fact, many in Christianity want to talk about “strength,” as in “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” (Philippians 4:13).  Of course, most do not “see” the Truth that God is speaking of Christ being our strength and our doing.  Whatever…

Michael gives us a great look at this real Truth in today’s writing right at the start…the question he says the Lord keeps asking him.  The Lord’s strength in our weakness.  Amen.  Get this, and Believers move in the Spirit.



DAY 319

Weakness, My Friend


My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness. --II Corinthians 12:9

Often when I mention weakness, the Lord keeps asking me one question, “What is My strength hidden in your weakness?” It is known that every negative has a positive. I may be all too familiar with the negative, but the positive is not clear, though it seems to be coming into focus. Things I have struggled with are moving out of the shadows and coming forward into the light. The surprise is that they are not hideous monsters but appear to be tools in the hand of God. I sense there is something great there. I am convinced of something that I have taught for years: There is no one-time fix.

It is deception to believe that "the great Christian someday” will appear when we come to our senses, gain a nearly magical degree of power, never struggle again, and forever move forward without stumbling. In waiting for the great “someday,” the working out of everyday faith is excluded. The wish for “someday” is a nonissue that sidetracks us from embracing today’s path and the way it reveals our weaknesses. The ways of the flesh are such that a one-time deliverance, if given, would allow us to walk away from the One we love and the healthy dependence we must have on Him. Through struggle we continue to run to Him, initially to find victory, but because we find Him we approach for His presence alone. “Everyday” is the friend of the moment and abundance; its experience with weakness ushers us to fellowship with Him, where we hear His voice and strength is given as needed.

I have noticed one other thing. Believers are happiest giving to others of their time, prayers, finances, and attention. When I travel, something happens to me that took some time to figure out. When I am home, I have time to focus on me, on my general state. While on the road, I just do not have the time. Every waking minute is spent preparing for or actually ministering to others. Exciting things happen, there is a lift in my spirit, others have a lift, and I am enthusiastic and free. I simply do not have the natural abilities to minister in my own strength, but that weakness works for me. I must come out of myself, seek Him, and move out in faith. The solution is not to travel more, but to take more of the “traveling attitude” home with me.   

Yellow – VIP, Very Important Point      Green – IT, Incredible Truth        
Red – GP, Greatest Promises
Turquoise – UR, Unfathomable Riches           Pink – PV, Priceless Victory



It’s uncomplicated, isn’t it.  Abide in Christ, be filled with Holy Spirit…strength is given as needed.  That's GRACE at work IN us!  Well, amen.



To access ALL past weekly blogs, go to Living Life With a Capital “C” by logging onto www .leemccm.blogspot.com 

NOTICE: another blog on Michael Wells’ book, Sidetracked In The Wilderness, called Getting Out of the Wilderness.  You can access by logging onto www.leemcchristianministries.blogspot.com


Lee McDowell Christian Ministries
(blog) www.leemccmviews.blogspot.com  
P.O. Box 633244   Nacogdoches, TX 75963              936-559-5696

No comments:

Post a Comment