Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Day 353 - Why Am I So Fat?


Thoughts on Michael Wells’ teachings in My Weakness for His Strength (Vol. 1) - # 338
         
Michael’s book is available through:

ABIDING LIFE MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL
Littleton, Colorado
(303) 972-0859       www.abidinglife.com

Notice:  this email is part of a BLOG, called Living Life With a Capital “C”.  Why a blog?  So that many can receive these thoughts in an easy manner.  If you are not getting these weekly postings via an email, go to the website: www.leemccm.blogspot.com …in the top right corner there is a place to register to receive each post.


Before you get upset at the title and think Michael is getting too “personal,” read the whole day’s writing…some very interesting and provocative thoughts that may lead to someone realizing something about “weight loss” that they have never thought of.

For me, I love his mentioning of the spirit, soul, & body…the trichotomy of humans. The big issue is for us to know just exactly what is “our mind” and “our emotions.”



DAY 353

Why Am I So Fat?

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. --Philippians 4:19

“Why am I so fat?” It is a question asked often in many places, so people can relate to it. A person who needs to lose twenty pounds will be able to sympathize with the person that needs to lose two hundred pounds, because after all, if a person has not been able to lose the twenty, what chance would he have of losing two hundred? The world's approach to a problem always starts from the outside in, so the idea would be to start with the body, look in the mirror to get disgusted, and determine with the will to do something about it, to follow some program. What if we recognized a different approach that started with the Spirit? After all, man was made out of the dust of the earth (body), and God breathed in His spirit to make man a living soul, capable of being alive in body, soul, and spirit. First, a believer must be comfortable with who he is as a child of God, whether fat or skinny. Some are only kings when on a throne, while others know they are kings even if placed in a dungeon. Is our identity fixed in Jesus or in the world? Are we more comfortable in a crowd when we are good-looking? If so, we are on the wrong track and there is a deeper root issue with which to deal. I believe more and more that obese people are often those with the greatest craving for God. I have talked before about our soul’s being like a baby that needs pure milk. Our mind wants the wisdom of God, not the world’s knowledge. Our emotions want the peace of God, not happiness. The Spirit drove Jesus into the wilderness, where for forty days His soul fed on God. When Satan came with the temptation to turn rocks into bread, He said, “No!” His soul was full. I have had more than one person (and my own experiences have taught me the same) say they lose their appetite when they are in fellowship with Jesus. For myself, I lose nearly twenty pounds each trip because I am not hungry when I am ministering. I get home and eat from boredom. How could I be bored if I am in fellowship with Him? The answer is obvious! I am not in fellowship with Him on the same level. When ministering I am so mindful of my need for Him in my weakness. However, I feel stronger at home and do not draw near in complete dependence. I must be weak at home, also. Hungry people are craving something, but what? Perhaps an inner hunger they attempt to satisfy with outer feeding? As we begin to eat the very thing that we should not, we should stop and ask why. Eating is one place in life where we need that precious ten seconds to say no. As our spirit is full, the temptation to overeat is not nearly so great. The peace of God should always be ruling. I know when I am eating and should not be. Therefore, it is becoming an obedience issue with the peace of God. 

Yellow – VIP, Very Important Point      Green – IT, Incredible Truth        
Red – GP, Greatest Promises
Turquoise – UR, Unfathomable Riches           Pink – PV, Priceless Victory


What did you think when reading this? Easiest weight-loss program? Easiest steps to “peace of God” process? Refocus on starting from the inside out?
Every reader gets something important from reading this day’s writing of Michael Wells. Well, amen.



To access ALL past weekly blogs, go to Living Life With a Capital “C” by logging onto www .leemccm.blogspot.com 

NOTICE: another blog on Michael Wells’ book, Sidetracked In The Wilderness, called Getting Out of the Wilderness.  You can access by logging onto www.leemcchristianministries.blogspot.com


Lee McDowell Christian Ministries
P.O. Box 633244   Nacogdoches, TX 75963              936-559-5696


No comments:

Post a Comment