Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Day 341 - What Will He Do In Our Weakness?


Thoughts on Michael Wells’ teachings in My Weakness for His Strength (Vol. 1) - # 332
         
Michael’s book is available through:

ABIDING LIFE MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL
Littleton, Colorado
(303) 972-0859       www.abidinglife.com

Notice:  this email is part of a BLOG, called Living Life With a Capital “C”.  Why a blog?  So that many can receive these thoughts in an easy manner.  If you are not getting these weekly postings via an email, go to the website: www.leemccm.blogspot.com …in the top right corner there is a place to register to receive each post.


When Christians gather and sing, “Victory in Jesus,” most testimonies that follow tell of some great accomplishment that someone has been a part of, usually take credit for or allow others to praise them for, yet always want to “give all the glory to God.” Ever hear any of those stories?

After reading today’s writing by Michael, let us ask ourselves, “When is the last time I have heard a testimony like this?”


DAY 341

What Will He Do In Our Weakness?

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. --James 1:17

I was on an international trip when I was asked to have tea with an evangelist before a church service. The purpose of our time together, as it turned out, was so that he could reveal that I do not read my Bible the proper way, that Westerners cannot really minister in this country, my messages are a bit too complex, and the altar call was done entirely in the wrong manner. I received it; I can see it is difficult to have me around and I am a real labor for this person. Therefore, here is how I began the meeting that followed. "I am aware of my weaknesses when I travel in another country. I do not speak your language, I wear the wrong clothing, I do not preach, pray, or have an altar call as you would, and I am going to mess up many things. I want to acknowledge this and ask for your prayers. If anything comes out of the meeting, it will have to be God, and it will be obvious to all. I am happy to stand here and say, ‘I can't,’ because that confession stirs something else in me: the assurance that He can.” Well, the people really prayed for me, and God gave a wonderful message on the Lord's Prayer. The weakest believer who goes to Jesus is better off than those with great understanding and little time spent with the Lord. I told them of the leper, Michael Francis, a believer and a law student in India that developed leprosy. His wife took the kids and abandoned him. He died a homeless beggar. Before he died, Alex Mathew asked him, "Michael, what is abiding?" As he sat on the concrete platform, ears, fingers, and toes eaten away, Michael moved his palm across the sidewalk and said, "See this cement that I sleep on? It is as soft as velvet to me, for it is the very lap of Jesus. Every night He holds me here. That is abiding." He did not know much, but he knew Jesus.

Yellow – VIP, Very Important Point      Green – IT, Incredible Truth        
Red – GP, Greatest Promises
Turquoise – UR, Unfathomable Riches           Pink – PV, Priceless Victory


Michael Wells’ story of his meeting with the evangelist doesn’t surprise very many of us who have been abiding for quite some time. And the response of the people to Michael’s admission and request for prayer is not surprising. I would have loved to have been in that meeting, wouldn’t you!

What really grips us in this writing is the powerful statement about “the weakest believer.” Learning the Spiritual Truth of 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 takes us to Christ. And the more time spent with the Lord, the more Truth is revealed to us. Well, amen.


To access ALL past weekly blogs, go to Living Life With a Capital “C” by logging onto www .leemccm.blogspot.com 

NOTICE: another blog on Michael Wells’ book, Sidetracked In The Wilderness, called Getting Out of the Wilderness.  You can access by logging onto www.leemcchristianministries.blogspot.com


Lee McDowell Christian Ministries
P.O. Box 633244   Nacogdoches, TX 75963              936-559-5696

No comments:

Post a Comment