Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Day 299 - The World


Thoughts on Michael Wells’ teachings in My Weakness for His Strength (Vol. 1) - # 307
         
Michael’s book is available through:

ABIDING LIFE MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL
Littleton, Colorado
(303) 972-0859       www.abidinglife.com

Notice:  this email is part of a BLOG, called Living Life With a Capital “C”.  Why a blog?  So that many can receive these thoughts in an easy manner.  If you are not getting these weekly postings via an email, go to the website: www.leemccm.blogspot.com …in the top right corner there is a place to register to receive each post.



I can remember being a “humanist.”  Basically, I believed everything the world had to say.  Finances, religion, lifestyle, business, and social issues.  Wow!  Michael gives us a complete unveiling of the Religion of Humanism and God’s victory over its lies.


DAY 299

The World


When He, the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all truth. --John 16:13

I was asked, “If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanists eat?” Humanism, which through such vehicles as the U.N. and EU (European Union) has taken hold of so many developing countries, is an attempt to wrestle moral authority away from the Church. It is nonsense on several levels. First of all, humanists present their objecting messages to people who would not act a certain way anyway. They show pictures of dolphins swimming in industrial waste, which enrages the people who would not be irresponsible with the waste anyway and leaves those who are fouling the water unaffected. Such activities throw words at a problem and accomplish nothing. Second, humanists define a problem that does not exist, set out to fix it, and by so doing create a real problem that is greater than the imaginary one. Third, there is no basis for certain moral statements made. Humanism has a moral foundation vaguely familiar to what is seen in Christianity, and yet it denies Christ and His power. Fourth, it is filled with compromise. One compromises to someone who is already compromised. It is compromise compromised, so loose in the end that it is ridiculous. Yet the humanists push away through the U.N. and other groups in nearly every developing country in which I work to spread their merely man-centered wisdom of the world. If Christ had not opened my eyes, I would probably be on the front row listening; I do not have any illusions about finding substance in my own flesh. One persecuted Christian was telling me about other believers who had compromised with the cruel government. I said, "That would be me!" He said, "You would not!" I said, "I would. There is nothing good in my flesh. I own it and now look to the Lord to keep me.

Yellow – VIP, Very Important Point      Green – IT, Incredible Truth        
Red – GP, Greatest Promises
Turquoise – UR, Unfathomable Riches           Pink – PV, Priceless Victory



Allow me to reiterate a couple of key points from Michael and insert a couple of personal illustrations.

As a pastor for many years I have seen the day in America where the once-called “Moral Majority” is no longer the moral majority.  I have been saying that for almost 30 years.  Just look around, even around the world, and see what “morals” the majority of people are living by.

Humanism denies Christ and His power.  Period.  But, sadly, so do way too many Believers.

Humanism is filled with compromise.  Yes, and that word, “compromise,” is NOT in God’s vocabulary.  Period.  And anyone who uses that word, or is willing to act on that word when it comes to Truth, is not walking with God.

But, Hallelujah!  Almost 40 years ago, my wife, Barbara, and I experienced what Michael experienced… If Christ had not opened my eyes, I would probably be on the front row listening.  That happened to us in Pastor Morgan’s office on May 20, 1980.  It is an incredible experience to “see” with the eyes of Christ.

Flesh is flesh, but the unfathomable riches of God are ours as Believers in Christ Jesus.  There is no way to defeat flesh but by the grace (God’s work in our life) of God…totally undeserved.



To access ALL past weekly blogs, go to Living Life With a Capital “C” by logging onto www .leemccm.blogspot.com 

NOTICE: another blog on Michael Wells’ book, Sidetracked In The Wilderness, called Getting Out of the Wilderness.  You can access by logging onto www.leemcchristianministries.blogspot.com


Lee McDowell Christian Ministries
(blog) www.leemccmviews.blogspot.com  
P.O. Box 633244   Nacogdoches, TX 75963              936-559-5696

No comments:

Post a Comment