Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Day 253 - Take the Blame!


Thoughts on Michael Wells’ teachings in My Weakness for His Strength (Vol. 1) - # 286
         
Michael’s book is available through:

ABIDING LIFE MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL
Littleton, Colorado
(303) 972-0859       www.abidinglife.com

Notice:  this email is part of a BLOG, called Living Life With a Capital “C”.  Why a blog?  So that many can receive these thoughts in an easy manner.  If you are not getting these weekly postings via an email, go to the website: www.leemccm.blogspot.com …in the top right corner there is a place to register to receive each post.


Michael’s writing, Day 253, is a REALLY interesting and REALLY great one.  I wonder how many of us follow the wisdom of this venture into truth?


DAY 253

Take the Blame!

Then let me bear the blame before my father forever. --Genesis 44:32

There is much said today about the person who is a blame-taker. We are told that blame is something that we are not to wear, and indeed, so few believers are willing to take the blame for their condition, yet there is a measure of integrity that comes from being willing to take blame. 

Often when I have been discipling a person God has revealed something about him He was not yet revealing to the person. Therefore, I did not mention it but stored it in the back of my mind. I know that I have no right to bring out a shortcoming that He is not revealing, for with His revelation will always come the power to overcome it. When He reveals a failure, it is not a burden, for His power accompanies it, and with the power comes hope. My point is that oftentimes others have annoying, carnal, self-centered behavior that we see and they cannot. Why? Obviously, it is to work something in us. However, instead of looking to the Lord and within, we make the mistake of looking to them and wondering at their condition.

Have you ever thought that you are to blame for your response to carnal persons? That their behavior is revealing your heart and carnality? Has their behavior revealed bitterness, lack of love, and your own carnality? You are to blame for your response! Do not fret about seeing others’ behavior; your behavior is the issue. When you are tempted to reject others who offend you, remember there is probably a bigger fish to fry, and that fish is you!

There is another aspect of blame-taking that is legitimate. II Samuel 12:4-7, “‘Now a traveler came to the rich man, and he was unwilling to take from his own flock or his own herd, to prepare for the wayfarer who had come to him; rather he took the poor man’s ewe lamb and prepared it for the man who had come to him.’ Then David’s anger burned greatly against the man, and he said to Nathan, ‘As the LORD lives, surely the man who has done this deserves to die. And he must make restitution for the lamb fourfold, because he did this thing and had no compassion.’ Nathan then said to David, ‘You are the man! Thus says the LORD God of Israel, “It is I who anointed you king over Israel and it is I who delivered you from the hand of Saul.”’” 

Would David have judged another man’s failure had he known he was going to hear, “You are the man”? Unfortunately, I have spent a good part of my life judging others. I once had the opportunity to question an elderly saint, “Why do believers not finish well?”
He took a pen in his hand and asked, “Who holds the pen, who keeps it from falling, and who moves it from place to place?”
“You do,” I responded. 
He then “walked” the pen over to “look” at another pen that was lying down and had the upright pen say, “You pathetic pen! Look at you lying there; what a failure you must be!” Then the elderly gentleman dropped the pen he was holding and said that the pen is like a man who is touched by the glory of God, held by the glory of God, and moved by the glory of God, but then who takes the credit himself. All God need do is let go, and the man is as flat as those he judges. Man lives in pride, becoming a god unto himself and a god to others! A chill ran down my spine, for I could hear the voice of the prophet saying, “You are the man.” The only reason I have not left my family or have ever ministered to others or had a revelation of grace is that the glory of God was holding me. When I see hypocritical believers, those caught up in adultery, those with rebellious children, or those steeped in carnality, I just want to shut up! If I stand, it is not because of my own great strength and wisdom, but only because of the glory of God.

We can have no pride except in His goodness and glory. As abiding believers, we do not want only to preach that there is nothing the nearness of Jesus will not cure; we want to demonstrate it, showing that we believe in the glory of God. “Lord, I take the blame for judging! But I have come to a place where I am extremely frightened and want nothing to do with judging.”

Yellow – VIP, Very Important Point      Green – IT, Incredible Truth        
Red – GP, Greatest Promises
Turquoise – UR, Unfathomable Riches           Pink – PV, Priceless Victory


Well, amen.



To access ALL past weekly blogs, go to Living Life With a Capital “C” by logging onto www .leemccm.blogspot.com 

NOTICE: another blog on Michael Wells’ book, Sidetracked In The Wilderness, called Getting Out of the Wilderness.  You can access by logging onto www.leemcchristianministries.blogspot.com


Lee McDowell Christian Ministries
(blog) www.leemccmviews.blogspot.com  
P.O. Box 633244   Nacogdoches, TX 75963              936-559-5696

No comments:

Post a Comment