Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Day 236 - Roosters

Thoughts on Michael Wells’ teachings in My Weakness for His Strength (Vol. 1) - # 275
         
Michael’s book is available through:

ABIDING LIFE MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL
Littleton, Colorado
(303) 972-0859       www.abidinglife.com

Notice:  this email is part of a BLOG, called Living Life With a Capital “C”Why a blog?  So that many can receive these thoughts in an easy manner.  If you are not getting these weekly postings via an email, go to the website: www.leemccm.blogspot.com …in the top right corner there is a place to register to receive each post.


Michael Wells travelled 1,000’s and 1,000’s and 1,000’s of miles in his years of ministry.  He spent untold hours in hundreds of countries with 1,000’s and 1,000’s of Saints.  His stories are innumerable.  But, perhaps (at least to me) the most unique story is this one about a church in Latvia.

The sincerity and absolute uncomplicated worship of the Latvians should be a total inspiration to all Believers everywhere in the world.  They epitomize the truth of Philippians 4:13.



DAY 236

Roosters


I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. --Philippians 4:13

It is interesting that often in Latvia a church will have no cross atop it but instead will have a cock crowing to represent the denials of Peter and remind us not to disavow the Lord! Believers can let it remind them of their own denials, their faithlessness and His faithfulness. From Peter’s experience we can learn never to say, "Lord, I will not deny You," but instead, "Lord, when it comes to the time that I will need to stand, I cannot. I will need You to go with me and hold me up!" Close observation of every photo taken of a certain Russian politician will reveal four fingertips on each side of his ribcage. The man could not stand alone, and there was always someone hidden behind him holding him up. He was weak and pathetic, just like I am! However, instead of being propped up by an equally feeble human, it is Christ holding me up! I am happy if anyone were to look closely and see His fingertips.

Yellow – VIP, Very Important Point      Green – IT, Incredible Truth        
Red – GP, Greatest Promises
Turquoise – UR, Unfathomable Riches           Pink – PV, Priceless Victory



I am trying to picture in my mind a mainline church here in America with a rooster on top of the steeple…  My, oh my, can you imagine the ruckus that would explode as autos starting pouring into the church parking lot on the first Sunday after the new building was completed???  It would take volumes to describe the initial scene and the hours that followed.

And yet, leave it to the Latvians to come up with the greatest reminder of “our denials, our faithlessness, and HIS FAITHFULNESS.”  That embarrassing (ignominious) rooster.  Well, amen.

My wife and I have a few chickens and one rooster.  May Stanley’s (we got Stanley and a couple of chicks from a neighbor who moved away…she named him!) morning crowing always ring in my ears a reminder of MY denials, MY faithlessness, and CHRIST’S FAITHFULNESS.

And may I continuously cry out, "Lord, when it comes to the time that I will need to stand, I cannot.  I will need You to go with me and hold me up!"

And, may I as Michael has said, remain constantly aware and live each day “instead of being propped up by an equally feeble human, (know) it is Christ holding me up!”  (and be extremely) “happy if anyone were to look closely and see His fingertips.”  Hallelujah!



To access ALL past weekly blogs, go to Living Life With a Capital “C” by logging onto www .leemccm.blogspot.com 

NOTICE: another blog on Michael Wells’ book, Sidetracked In The Wilderness, called Getting Out of the Wilderness.  You can access by logging onto www.leemcchristianministries.blogspot.com


Lee McDowell Christian Ministries
(blog) www.leemccmviews.blogspot.com  

P.O. Box 633244   Nacogdoches, TX 75963              936-559-5696

No comments:

Post a Comment