Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Day 215 - Only Trust What Jesus Has Done In a Person

Thoughts on Michael Wells’ teachings in My Weakness for His Strength (Vol. 1) - # 269
         
Michael’s book is available through:

ABIDING LIFE MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL
Littleton, Colorado
(303) 972-0859       www.abidinglife.com

Notice:  this email is part of a BLOG, called Living Life With a Capital “C”Why a blog?  So that many can receive these thoughts in an easy manner.  If you are not getting these weekly postings via an email, go to the website: www.leemccm.blogspot.com …in the top right corner there is a place to register to receive each post.



It really is remarkable that many folks, including Christians, are totally unaware of anything that “Jesus has done in a person.”  Crazy, isn’t it?  Salvation is by God alone.  Taking to Heaven is by God alone.  But, life here in between…? 


DAY 215

Only Trust What Jesus Has Done In a Person

I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. --Galatians 2:20

Let me tell you a secret about others. The only measure of dependence you place on them should be on the things God has done in them. Depend on them for anything else and they will let you down. When we see strong people, we have the tendency to want to trust them. However, if it is a fleshly strength that we are trusting, then one day they will let us down. At times I have told people of my strengths, my boldness, or my knowledge, and I have heard others do it, as well. Such talk is foolishness, for we are covertly asserting that we can be trusted, followed, or listened to because of our strengths. This is proof positive that we are not to be trusted. It is better to hear of someone’s many weaknesses and work alongside that person, for in each place he is weak, he is reliant upon God’s strength. If a man tells me he was very critical until God worked in his heart, revealed his own wickedness, and then lifted him up, I know that such a man is safe with my problems; I will not receive judgment from such a one, I will receive grace.

Yellow – VIP, Very Important Point      Green – IT, Incredible Truth        
Red – GP, Greatest Promises
Turquoise – UR, Unfathomable Riches           Pink – PV, Priceless Victory


“But, life here in between”…oh, wait, life with a small “l” is flesh….Life with a capital “L” is Christ’s Life.  And Michael specifically tells us “that” is what we should only depend upon when looking to someone else.  Well, amen!

May we Live His Life here in between Salvation and Heaven, and only trust in His Life in others.  For instance, His Faith…



To access ALL past weekly blogs, go to Living Life With a Capital “C” by logging onto www .leemccm.blogspot.com 

NOTICE: another blog on Michael Wells’ book, Sidetracked In The Wilderness, called Getting Out of the Wilderness.  You can access by logging onto www.leemcchristianministries.blogspot.com


Lee McDowell Christian Ministries
(blog) www.leemccmviews.blogspot.com  

P.O. Box 633244   Nacogdoches, TX 75963              936-559-5696

No comments:

Post a Comment