Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Day 146 - The Cross And The Flesh Pool

Thoughts on Michael Wells’ teachings in My Weakness for His Strength - # 242
         
Michael’s book is available through:

Abiding Life Ministries International
Littleton, Colorado
(303) 972-0859       www.abidinglife.com

Notice:  this email is part of a BLOG, called Living Life With a Capital “C”Why a blog?  So that many can receive these thoughts in an easy manner.  If you are not getting these weekly postings via an email, go to the website: www.leemccm.blogspot.com …in the top right corner there is a place to register to receive each post.


A great truth is this: what we perceive, we believe.  With this in mind, think about your perceptions of life as you read Michael’s perceptions of life, particularly the flesh’s involvement.



DAY 146

The Cross And The Flesh Pool

Who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, {and} being made in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. --Philippians 2:6-8

Why would Jesus put His life in flesh? To answer that question we must ask another. Why did God put Jesus in flesh? The obvious reason is that He must dwell in the flesh, overcome it, and come back to dwell in our flesh as One who has already conquered. However, there is another reason. Being in the flesh would push Him to a moment-by-moment abiding in the Father. The flesh is permitted because it is used of God to push us to Him. Once we acknowledge that apart from Him we can do nothing, He then does everything. The flesh is only vexing if we do not want to be with Him and at the same time we do not want to walk in the flesh. They tell the story in Korea of an old man in the fish market. All the other vendors had big tanks, just like his, filled with fish, with this one exception: Their fish died as soon as they were put in the tank, and he sold his fish alive. Upon investigating, it was discovered that the old man had put in his tank the fish’s predator. By alertly swimming to stay away from the predator, the fish stayed alive and fresh. The flesh is just that for us. Truth is not only preached but demonstrated. In the state of recognizing abiding (again, abiding is not worked for but recognized), the flesh is not bothersome. Being in the likeness of a man, he emptied Himself, fell under God’s love, obeyed in everything, and there never was or has been a man on earth that had more joy.

I am happy that my flesh has driven me to God. When I empty myself, accept the death of the old “I” and let Him do everything, I feel like the happiest man on the earth. Ministry is pressure when a believer is bound in the power of a dead old “I” to create something that will please God. However, Jesus did not create ministry, He participated in it by letting God work the ministry through Him. I am not creating ministry; I am walking with Him, and of myself I can do nothing. Next, I stumble into a situation, and He is in me, ready to meet it. It is I, but not I! It is very easy to pray, “Jesus, like a Shepherd, lead me!” I have extended that attitude to my ministry. I do not have a big one-year, three-year, and five-year plan, but I do have a plan. Every morning I pray, “Jesus, like a Shepherd, lead me.” Over the years, through the experience of trying to minister in the power of the flesh and at the same time attempting to tame the flesh, I have been broken. The Lord used my flesh to bring me to the place I am today, where I can say, “Apart from You I can do nothing,” and, “Jesus, like a Shepherd, lead me.” The failings from trusting my old dead “I” have caused me to rest and wait on the new “I” to act. If ever I lose this attitude, the flesh is there to make me miserable and, in so doing, drive me back to Him.

Yellow – VIP, Very Important Point      Green – IT, Incredible Truth        
Red – GP, Greatest Promises
Turquoise – UR, Unfathomable Riches           Pink – PV, Priceless Victory



Merriam-Webster online dictionary: “perceive” - to attain awareness or understanding of.  to regard as being such.  to become aware of through the senses; especially: see, observe.

Perception is important.  What we perceive, we believe.  What we believe, we act upon.  Therefore, it is important to know that we are affecting our actions in regard to spiritual matters by how we perceive truth God has given us.

Michael gives us one of the most dramatic differences that all Christians must take into consideration: “our flesh” works for us, or can cause great problems for us.  He gives us God’s purpose and use for allowing “flesh” to remain in us (Believers) after our New Birth.  The question is: do we know this, recognize this, and use this to our benefit, or let it make us miserable to the point of detraction and disruption of abiding?



To access ALL past weekly blogs, go to Living Life With a Capital “C” by logging onto www .leemccm.blogspot.com 

NOTICE: another blog on Michael Wells’ book, Sidetracked In The Wilderness, called Getting Out of the Wilderness.  You can access by logging onto www.leemcchristianministries.blogspot.com


Lee McDowell Christian Ministries
(email) leemccm@gmail.com        936-559-5696

P.O. Box 633244    Nacogdoches, TX  75963

No comments:

Post a Comment