Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Day 128 - He is Everywhere

Thoughts on Michael Wells’ teachings in My Weakness for His Strength - # 233
         
Michael’s book is available through:

Abiding Life Ministries International
Littleton, Colorado
(303) 972-0859       www.abidinglife.com

Notice:  this email is part of a BLOG, called Living Life With a Capital “C”Why a blog?  So that many can receive these thoughts in an easy manner.  If you are not getting these weekly postings via an email, go to the website: www.leemccm.blogspot.com …in the top right corner there is a place to register to receive each post.



The world would read this day’s writing and say, “Michael is crazy.”  They don’t believe in, nor see, God.  We have other eyes…



DAY 128

He is Everywhere


And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high. --Hebrews 1:3

Often we forget that God is in everything. We do not view it as does the pantheist, but rather from the standpoint of creation. Since God holds all things together, all things can teach us something about Him. Years ago when my son was young, he and I were in the back yard trimming away new apple shoots. I stopped and explained that if we were quiet, opened our hearts to the Lord and listened, we could learn something about the Father through pruning the tree. Soon my son brought me a new green shoot and a dead, brittle shoot from the year before. I watched as he tied the green shoot in a knot and untied it; he then took the dead, brittle shoot and broke it in two. I asked what that taught him about the Lord, and he responded, “If I have Christ’s life in me, what breaks the world will only bend me.” I told him he had discovered a great truth that would carry him all through life if he would hide it in his heart. “Surely you desire truth in the inner parts; you teach me wisdom in the inmost place.” –Psalm 51:6

When walking we can ask God to speak to us. Once when I was with my Indian teacher walking in the mountains, he stopped by a half-rotten gigantic log and asked what I saw. I noticed that this log, long after its death, was still leaving its mark; we still had to step over it. In the same way I said that I wanted to be a believer who after death still left his mark among family, friends, and even unbelievers. He pointed out a branch in the trunk; because of the extensive decay, I could see that the branch had been attached to the very center of the tree, enveloped and held in place by it. He pointed out that we are attached to the Vine’s center, with Jesus holding us in place. 

Yellow – VIP, Very Important Point      Green – IT, Incredible Truth        
Red – GP, Greatest Promises
Turquoise – UR, Unfathomable Riches           Pink – PV, Priceless Victory



A very interesting thought crossed my mind as I read this today…What have we been missing, not using the “other eyes” God has given His children?

Sometimes we know correct thoughts…like “He is everywhere.”  But we don’t “see” Him everywhere in everything.  How tragic for us…

Often we forget…or, don’t look…or, simply go through life with our “other eyes” closed.

By the way, don’t forget that as that new creation in Christ, God has given us “the radiance of His glory, and the exact representation of His nature”…that’s Christ in us.  Well, amen!



To access ALL past weekly blogs, go to Living Life With a Capital “C” by logging onto www .leemccm.blogspot.com 

NOTICE: another blog on Michael Wells’ book, Sidetracked In The Wilderness, called Getting Out of the Wilderness.  You can access by logging onto www.leemcchristianministries.blogspot.com


Lee McDowell Christian Ministries
(twitter) @bleemc67    (email) leemccm@gmail.com

P.O. Box 633244   Nacogdoches, TX 75963              936-559-5696

No comments:

Post a Comment