Thursday, March 23, 2017

Day 127 - He Blesses and We Bless

Thoughts on Michael Wells’ teachings in My Weakness for His Strength - # 231
         
Michael’s book is available through:

Abiding Life Ministries International
Littleton, Colorado
(303) 972-0859       www.abidinglife.com

Notice:  this email is part of a BLOG, called Living Life With a Capital “C”Why a blog?  So that many can receive these thoughts in an easy manner.  If you are not getting these weekly postings via an email, go to the website: www.leemccm.blogspot.com …in the top right corner there is a place to register to receive each post.



In today’s writing, Michael leaps into a territory that many Christians never go.  See whether or not you can go with him…



DAY 127

He Blesses and We Bless

And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. --II Corinthians 9:8
           
Many times we meet people we consider to be a curse or, at least, far from a blessing. I have noticed believers that are self-centered takers who have made comfort their goal in life, and their inactivity is a general drain on the body of Christ. Yet I have noticed that God has provided for them in the midst of their immaturity, supplying jobs, house payments, help in the midst of a variety of crises, and myriad other blessings. Why is that? I suppose it happens for the same reason that He has blessed us so many times when we were out of tune. The observation has left me wondering at the grace of our God; in fact, it has left me glorifying my God. The point is that if God can bless when His children are out of tune, then should we not do the same? His grace is an example of the grace that exists within us by His indwelling Life. We have no excuse not to bless those that curse us, because whatever we believe is an offense, we must understand that the offense caused to the Father is incalculably greater, and still He blesses. His sun shines on the good and the evil. His grace is more than our example, for it is our life. His grace toward others in the midst of their failures can encourage us, for in it we can see His response to us in our failures. Is it any wonder that we love Him? 

Yellow – VIP, Very Important Point      Green – IT, Incredible Truth        
Red – GP, Greatest Promises
Turquoise – UR, Unfathomable Riches           Pink – PV, Priceless Victory



First of all, 2 Corinthians 9:8 is one of my most favorite verses…very powerful, very explicit, very comforting.  And one of the reasons for my feelings for this verse is a proper definition of “grace.”  “At any point of my need, He provides.”  And many other ways of expressing “His doing” in and through me.

With that as the backdrop, I can enter life facing whomever or whatever is thrown at me.  And, can easily bless those that curse me.  Why?  Because I choose for His Life to be my Life.  Why?  Because I have seen His response to me in my failures.  He blesses, so what can I do except bless?  Anything else is not His Life.

I love it, don’t you!



To access ALL past weekly blogs, go to Living Life With a Capital “C” by logging onto www .leemccm.blogspot.com 

NOTICE: another blog on Michael Wells’ book, Sidetracked In The Wilderness, called Getting Out of the Wilderness.  You can access by logging onto www.leemcchristianministries.blogspot.com


Lee McDowell Christian Ministries
(twitter) @bleemc67    (email) leemccm@gmail.com

P.O. Box 633244   Nacogdoches, TX 75963              936-559-5696

No comments:

Post a Comment