Friday, February 3, 2017

Day 84 - Evolution

Thoughts on Michael Wells’ teachings in My Weakness for His Strength - # 224
         
Michael’s book is available through:

Abiding Life Ministries International
Littleton, Colorado
(303) 972-0859       www.abidinglife.com

Notice:  this email is part of a BLOG, called Living Life With a Capital “C”Why a blog?  So that many can receive these thoughts in an easy manner.  If you are not getting these weekly postings via an email, go to the website: www.leemccm.blogspot.com …in the top right corner there is a place to register to receive each post.


It is amazing the difference each of us undergoes when we step from the world of humanistic philosophy to the Mind of Christ.  Michael gives us what I consider to be a humoristic look at man’s mind, then a clear perspective from the Spirit of truth…




DAY 84

Evolution

If you love Me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another counselor to be with you foreverthe Spirit of truth. --John 14:15,16

Some argue that man is evolving into a more sophisticated, superior creature. If so, why the necessity for all of those door locks? Why is the security business thriving with projected increased growth? When a solution to society's ills is put forth, I always like to ask the question, “If we follow your system of reform and enlightened thinking, will we all need fewer keys in the future?” Once again time has rendered its verdict: We need more locks now and will need more in the future. I saw a man holding a sign on which was written, "Visualize world peace." I asked if he would answer a question for me, and he agreed to do so. I asked, “How many times have you been married?” “Three,” was his response. I pointed out that if visualizing peace was not working in his personal life, it might be presumptuous to think that it would work globally.
           
It would appear that man is not evolving but revolving around and around what continues not to be the Way! Jesus is the Way! Following Him changes the world, the individual, and others. Following Him is Life indeed!

Yellow – VIP, Very Important Point      Green – IT, Incredible Truth        
Red – GP, Greatest Promises
Turquoise – UR, Unfathomable Riches           Pink – PV, Priceless Victory



Reading Michael’s statement about “revolving around and around what continues not to be the Way” reminded me of an old statement used in my younger years…”you’re just going round and round the mulberry bush.”  Funny thing, I didn’t know what a mulberry bush was, nor what they were talking about.  Until…I grew older and began to see the futility of “revolving around and around what continues not to be the Way!”!!!  Lol!

Thank God, He brought me into His realm of reality and Truth (through the Spirit of truth, my Counselor), and began to show me just how many ways that “Jesus is the Way!”.  Aha, following Jesus does change everything in this world, and in “the individual” (particularly me!), and in others.  Well, amen and amen!!!



To access ALL past weekly blogs, go to Living Life With a Capital “C” by logging onto www .leemccm.blogspot.com 

NOTICE: another blog on Michael Wells’ book, Sidetracked In The Wilderness, called Getting Out of the Wilderness.  You can access by logging onto www.leemcchristianministries.blogspot.com


Lee McDowell Christian Ministries

P.O. Box 633244   Nacogdoches, TX 75963              936-559-5696

No comments:

Post a Comment