Saturday, December 31, 2016

Day 214: One Praise Before An Event Is Worth 1,000 Afterward

Thoughts on Michael Wells’ teachings in My Weakness for His Strength - # 219
         
Michael’s book is available through:

Abiding Life Ministries International
Littleton, Colorado
(303) 972-0859       www.abidinglife.com

Notice:  this email is part of a BLOG, called Living Life With a Capital “C”Why a blog?  So that many can receive these thoughts in an easy manner.  If you are not getting these weekly postings via an email, go to the website: www.leemccm.blogspot.com …in the top right corner there is a place to register to receive each post.



Isn’t it amazing that man can come up with ideas about “life” when God has never mentioned any such thing, and in reality ONLY Jesus can bring Life!  Michael takes a very familiar scripture, often quoted (usually just a small portion), and people take off as if they have the secret to “life”…



DAY 214

One Praise Before An Event Is Worth 1,000 Afterward

“For I know the plans that I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find {Me} when you search for Me with all your heart. And I will be found by you,” declares the LORD. --Jeremiah 29:11-14

I believe it! He has plans for me. Everything is working toward those plans; nothing is working against me, for He is for me. I believe that His plans include a future and a hope. I believe that He is listening to me. I believe that I have sought Him because He first sought me, and I believe that I have found Him. But today I cannot see it! It seems dark. It feels empty. It looks like a reversal. What am I to do? This is the testing of my faith, because I know He has never disappointed me. Therefore I will praise Him! It is in this darkness that my praise means the most to Him. In this time of darkness before the fulfillment, one praise offered to God is worth one thousand after the promise is received. Today if you have no job, praise God! If your marriage and family are not working out, praise God! If you have found yourself once again in defeat, praise God! If physical ailments have led to spiritual defeats, praise God! One praise before the trial ends is worth one thousand after it.

Yellow – VIP, Very Important Point      Green – IT, Incredible Truth        
Red – GP, Greatest Promises
Turquoise – UR, Unfathomable Riches           Pink – PV, Priceless Victory



In my introductory comment I left the idea incomplete…here is more: …and they really don’t BELIEVE what they have just said (quoted).  Take for instance, New Year’s resolutions…there is nothing in the Bible about these…a man-made “plan” for their life to get better.  How many follow through on these resolutions?

Most people, even Christians, do not truthfully BELIEVE God has a plan for their life…they do not live like He does.  We have a tendency to say some “spiritual” things, then go off as if we never even thought of them, much less believe them!

Michael exhibits his BELIEF in what God has said in Jeremiah 29:11-14 by admitting that even when “today” doesn’t “show” the truth of the text, he praises God anyway!  Every test of our “faith” is really a test about what we BELIEVE about God…what He has said, what He is capable of doing, etc., etc., etc.  It is not what we believe about us, or our capabilities, or our circumstances.

And Michael makes a declaration that we ought to meditate on, check our “faith,” and then be honest with ourselves as to what we really BELIEVE, and whether it has been turned into FAITH by God.  Look at it again: because I know He has never disappointed me.  How many of us have passed this test in ALL situations?  We can BELIEVE in one thing, and God has given us His FAITH to solidify it…then turn around and be an UNBELIEVING Believer in the next thing.

Now listen…Michael gives us a great LIFE foundational truth: One praise before the trial ends is worth one thousand after it.  It’s just like “faith” and “fact”…faith must come before, fact is afterward.  It is not faith if it is afterward.  Anybody can “praise” God AFTER the fact.  A Believer is the only one who can BELIEVE GOD (and PRAISE Him) BEFORE the trial ends.



To access ALL past weekly blogs, go to Living Life With a Capital “C” by logging onto www .leemccm.blogspot.com 

NOTICE: another blog on Michael Wells’ book, Sidetracked In The Wilderness, called Getting Out of the Wilderness.  You can access by logging onto www.leemcchristianministries.blogspot.com


Lee McDowell Christian Ministries

P.O. Box 633244   Nacogdoches, TX 75963              936-559-5696

No comments:

Post a Comment