Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Day 122 - Got a Word?

Thoughts on Michael Wells’ teachings in My Weakness for His Strength - # 189
         
Michael’s book is available through:

Abiding Life Ministries International
Littleton, Colorado
(303) 972-0859       www.abidinglife.com

Notice:  this email is part of a BLOG, called Living Life With a Capital “C”Why a blog?  So that many can receive these thoughts in an easy manner. 


This is a beautiful day’s writing…drawing our attention to something we should give thought to, if not great emphasis for the sake of being able to witness to Christ when speaking to others about our relation with Him.  Have you ever given this any thought???




DAY 122

Got a Word?

Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you . . . –John 14:27

Sadhu Sundar Singh had one word that kept him at the feet of Jesus, something that every Hindu seeks, in vain, to find. It is the Hindu word for peace. In Jesus he had found peace. When questioned about his faith by the Hindus, he would often say, “Peace, peace, where else could I go for peace but Jesus?” An old man God worked through to bring Christ to the remote area of Eastern Nepal had a different word. His word was revelation. Jesus had brought him revelation, knowledge of the heart instead of the head, something that could only be found in Christ. Upon being beaten and left for dead for preaching, he would not surrender his calling to do so or acknowledge any but Jesus. His reason: “Where else would I go for revelation?” I was traveling with one of my Indian teachers, told him of the two men, and asked what significant word he held dear. Without hesitation he said, “Because! Because He went down, I have gone up. Because He died, I live. Because He experienced hell, I will experience heaven. Simply because. The word because is keeping me near.” So what is your word?  What is the word that keeps you at the feet of Christ? My word is welcome. I remember being in His presence, and there was so much going through my mind; I was thankful, I had been forgiven, and I appreciated all that He had done through me. Before I could say a word, He spoke that word to me: “Welcome.” I did not have to say a word; I was welcome! Everything was okay! Then He said it a second time, “Welcome,” but the meaning was different. He was welcoming me into His presence, into participation with His Son, and into the revelation of His Son. Again, I was welcome! It is a little word that means so much to me. He is happy to say, “Welcome,” to me. “Welcome” keeps me at His feet. When I asked Betty, she had one word, with. He is always here with us to the end of the age, and He will never leave nor forsake us. Because He is with us we have everything. There are many words that believers have sent me. What is your special word? 


Yellow – VIP, Very Important Point      Green – IT, Incredible Truth        
Red – GP, Greatest Promises
Turquoise – UR, Unfathomable Riches           Pink – PV, Priceless Victory



First of all, simply highlighting Michael’s and Betty’s and two other’s “words” in yellow does not mean I am making their words less important than having Sadhu Sundar Singh’s word highlighted in green…  His happens to be “the word” that I first gave to a minister at a church back in the late 70’s when asked why we were visiting his church: I told him I was looking for some “peace.”  Unfortunately, I didn’t find any “peace” at that church, mainly because I didn’t find Jesus there.

But, I am pleased to read of Michael’s sharing the different words from a couple of Saints from all around the world, as well as his and Betty’s, that speak of just how a word can minister to each believer’s heart.  And that there can be perhaps innumerable words for the innumerable number of believers all around the world.

Of course, all this got me to thinking of “my special word”…  Well, amen.

My thoughts led me to conclude that different words have been “my special word” as the years have progressed since I first became Born Again.  The first word back in 1980 was “forgiven.”  I could almost add the word “thankful” that my sins had been forgiven…it was quite a revelation to find the Truth of God’s forgiveness.  But, soon after, “identification” became a major revelation…who I was IN Christ!  “Excited” became my daily expression.  For perhaps 15 years those two words (identification and excited) dominated my life.  And I was in “full-time ministry” already for most of those years.

But, then, we met Michael Wells and “abiding” became our mantra.  Barbara and I became “empowered” by all of the truths involved in being a branch on the Vine!  The most empowering thing was that life as a Christian became all about Him, and not us!  Which led to another stage, “grace” & “grateful.”  Grace being that of recognizing it truly is Him and not me that is living this Life.  Grateful being the result of acknowledging His doing and me not having to do.

So, why so many words, instead of that “one special word”???  I guess it is like that old preacher joke: “hand a preacher a mic and you won’t get a ‘word’…you will get a sermon!”  This preacher couldn’t come up with just one word!!!



To access ALL past weekly blogs, go to Living Life With a Capital “C” by logging onto www.leemccm.blogspot.com 

NOTICE: another blog on Michael Wells’ book, Sidetracked In The Wilderness, called Getting Out of the Wilderness.  You can access by logging onto www.leemcchristianministries.blogspot.com


Lee McDowell Christian Ministries
(twitter) @bleemc67    (email) leemccm@gmail.com

P.O. Box 633244    Nacogdoches, Tx 75963                                936-559-5696

No comments:

Post a Comment