Monday, February 22, 2016

Day 152 - "I Hate My Church!"

Thoughts on Michael Wells’ teachings in My Weakness for His Strength - # 175
         
Michael’s book is available through:

Abiding Life Ministries International
Littleton, Colorado
(303) 972-0859       www.abidinglife.com

Notice:  this email is part of a BLOG, called Living Life With a Capital “C”Why a blog?  So that many can receive these thoughts in an easy manner. 


Michael travelled all over the world and saw all kinds of churches, with all kinds of people in those churches.  And he saw something that few have ever seen…



DAY 152 

“I Hate My Church!”


For the gate is small, and the way is narrow that leads to life, and few are those who find it. --Matthew 7:14

“I am the only one at my church with the revelation that Jesus is my life and is everything! Where can I go to find a good church?” This is a common question and a valid complaint, for there are churches that do not mention a word about Jesus, that operate entirely in the flesh and manipulate to build numbers of members and quantities of coffers. Those types of churches do exist, as we can read in Revelation. I will not, through guilt, manipulate someone to stay in such a place unless he has the peace of God to stay. He may be the only one there loving Jesus above all else, and much is said in Scripture about the principle of the few. There simply are not enough of them, and, after all, it does not take much leaven to raise the whole lump. Being a lone voice in the wilderness is sharing in His sufferings.

A woman prayed me into her church, and I mean that sincerely; she prayed me in. I do not think anyone could have stopped me from being there. It took ten years of prayer, but she never wavered. I was so encouraged when I heard another woman, from a different church, talking to her at the break, saying, “I would love to have the Abiding Life conference in our church, but the elders would never hear of it.” My friend responded, “Oh, I believed the same thing, and look at what God is doing! It took ten years of prayer, but I did not give up. It may take you ten years, but do not give up! The Lord will open a door that no man can shut.”

A believer is where he is for a reason. If someone does come to see he is in Christ, and Christ is in him, do not expect him to stay around for long. The few are rarely allowed to bunch up. This is what makes special gatherings, retreats, and conferences so precious to me; the fellowship with like-minded believers is so refreshing. 

Remember, though, that the few do not have something that other believers do not possess. The few, by faith, have simply recognized and believed what they have freely been given by the Lord. The few are not better or exclusive; in fact, they are more acquainted with suffering.

Yellow – VIP, Very Important Point      Green – IT, Incredible Truth        
Red – GP, Greatest Promises
Turquoise – UR, Unfathomable Riches           Pink – PV, Priceless Victory



Not very many people want to be a “lone voice.”  Most want to be a part of something big.  Big is counted as something special, and oftentimes “spiritual.”  Yet, Jesus was not into “big.”  Why?  He knew what was in most men.

Michael gives us a very profound truth when he states: “A believer is where he is for a reason.”  God is always at work in each and every believer’s life, and God has each believer in a place where God can work the work He wants to accomplish.  The most interesting thing is to come to realize what Michael tells us next: “The few are rarely allowed to bunch up.”  Wow!  The many rarely ever see that.

It is so startling to recognize and believe the spiritual things that have been given by the Lord, and then to experience that acquaintance with Christ’s sufferings.




To access ALL past weekly blogs, go to Living Life With a Capital “C” by logging onto www.leemccm.blogspot.com 

NOTICE: another blog on Michael Wells’ book, Sidetracked In The Wilderness, called Getting Out of the Wilderness.  You can access by logging onto www.leemcchristianministries.blogspot.com


Lee McDowell Christian Ministries
(twitter) @bleemc67    (email) leemccm@gmail.com

P.O. Box 633244    Nacogdoches, Tx 75963                                936-559-5696

No comments:

Post a Comment